Free or Paid?
Breastfeeding consultations for Ontario residents with OHIP coverage are free of charge, which also involves a live assessment by qualified Pediatrician. Prenatal consultations or any after hours emergency video call is a paid service. In such cases no Pediatrician will be involved.
Breastfeeding Consultation~1 hour session
- Service is covered by OHIP
- Remote Breastfeeding Consultation with Lactation Consultant, IBCLC
- Remote assessment by a qualified Pediatrician (from Brantford Pediatrics) with all necessary prescriptions
- Using secure and encrypted video channels by WhatsApp or Zoom
- Advance booking and filling of Patient Intake Forms is required
- Both Mom and Baby need to be present at the time of the consult
Preparation for Remote Breastfeeding Consultation:
- Smartphone or Tablet (Laptop or Desktop computer is not recommended)
- Installed WhatsApp / Zoom Apps
- Good internet connection
- Sufficient lighting
- Assisting person (partner or another family member)
Please be ready to receive a video call on scheduled time as it's also being coordinated with a remote Pediatrician.
Please reach out for a private remote consultation or ask a question below. You can also reach us using LIVE CHAT function.