Free or Paid?
Breastfeeding consultations for Ontario residents with OHIP coverage are free of charge. This option also involves live assessment by qualified Pediatrician. Prenatal consultations, after hours or any services to out-of-province patients is a paid service. In such cases no Pediatrician will be involved.
Breastfeeding Consultationmax ~35-60 minute session
- Service is covered by OHIP for residents of Ontario
- Remote Breastfeeding Consultation with Lactation Consultant, IBCLC
- Remote assessment by a qualified Pediatrician (from Quick Care Pediatrics) with all necessary prescriptions
- Using OTN eVisit secure and encrypted video channel
- Required advance booking, referral and completion of Patient Intake Forms
Breastfeeding or Prenatal Consultationstarting from ~1 hour session
How to prepare for remote consultation:
- Smartphone or Tablet device (Laptop/Desktop computer is not recommended)
- Install Pexip Infinity Connect (required app for OHIP covered consultations; watch instructional video how to prepare for OTN eVisit)
- Working email program on your device (to receive Pexip OTN eVisit connection links)
- Install WhatsApp (as a backup communication app)
- Good internet connection
- Sufficient lighting
- Mother with a baby present
- Assisting person (partner or another family member)
On the day of the consult you will receive Pexip OTN eVisit link by email. Please be available to receive a video call on time. Your scheduled booking is also being coordinated with a stand-by Pediatrician.
Please reach out for a private remote consultation or ask questions below. You can also reach us using LIVE CHAT function at the corner of the screen. We're open weekdays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.