About Remote Breastfeeding Consultation
Initial breastfeeding consultation duration is ~60 minutes, follow-up consultations are ~35 minutes. Both consultation types are covered by OHIP and are free of charge to the residents of Ontario. Your lactation consultant will be Oksana Laurinaviciene, IBCLC (female). A stand-by Pediatrician from Quick Care Pediatrics (male or female) will join the video call at the end of each consult. Please make sure to fill out Patient Intake Forms EACH TIME following your appointment booking.
How to prepare for Remote Breastfeeding Consultation
Please watch this instructional video prior to your consultation time on how to prepare for the OTN eVisit. We don't provide technical support on app functionality or device compatibility.
- Smartphone or Tablet device (Laptop/Desktop computer is not recommended)
- Install Pexip Infinity Connect (required app for OHIP covered consultations)
- Working email program on your device (to receive Pexip OTN eVisit connection links)
- Install WhatsApp (as a backup communication app)
- Good internet connection
- Sufficient lighting
- Mother with a baby present
- Assisting person (partner or another family member)
On the day of the consult you will receive Pexip OTN eVisit link by email. Please be available to receive a video call on time. Your scheduled booking is also being coordinated with a stand-by Pediatrician.
Get a referral
We kindly ask you to get a referral from your Family Doctor, Pediatrician or Midwife to our co-operating clinic Quick Care Pediatrics. Referral fax is: +1-519-512-0051. Bellow is a short referral form to be filled out by your healthcare provider.